Saturday, June 11, 2011

Is your HTC Mozart randomly shutting down & unable to connect to Wifi? You are not alone.

I bought my HTC Mozart couple of months back. Undoubtedly, it's the best phone I have ever had a chance to lay my hands upon. It was just the right size in comparison to HTC HD7, another contender. Until 3 weeks ago, my HTC 7 Mozart went bonkers. It suddenly failed to connect to Wifi. Wifi connection worked fine initially for weeks and suddenly, most notably (later irrelevant) it happened after the 7392 update. So I went back to the previous firmware without any issue thanks to the Zune software. I tried to connect again and it gives me the same old ' incorrect password ' error. Now all other portable devices like mobile, iPod, etc face absolutely no problem connecting to a secure Wifi connection. Some people are stuck with ' cannot reach wifi connection ' error. I contacted @winphonesupport on twitter and tried all the steps recommended but to no avail. I even posted in Microsoft support forum and this is exactly where I discovered that I am not alone with the problem and 7392 update has nothing to do with it. Forum is filled with similar queries that have no solution. Even twitter is filled with Mozart 7 owners having random issues like lockscreen being stuck, random shutting down, etc. So, Microsoft has no clue - no surprise because it's HTC that's guilty. What's the solution then? Well, @HTC tweeted back and suggested that I go to their service center,which is in another city, and get it fixed. Not possible for me, at this moment.

Why is it just the Mozart devices getting this error? There seems to be a serious flaw in these devices. I have four twitter friends in India with Mozart and all of them have encountered one of the problem mentioned above. It's plain sad. Most of you probably have no idea of how difficult it is to get Mozart in India. Online retailers don't have it in stock. None of the store in my state even had a single piece of Mozart. It shows how unpopular Windows phone is actually in India. All I want is HTC to give me a device that actually works and to my knowledge, none of the HTC 7 Mozart device being sold in India is annoyance free.

If you are encountering similar problems, please post in comments below and tweet back to @HTC to make them aware of this problem. I sense a mass widthdrawl if we can make enough noise.

By Rahul Mathur

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives

     
    Web Analytics