Saturday, April 2, 2011

Zune Marketplace launches in India [ Confirmed ]

Good news everyone. Zune Marketplace has finally been launched in India. Microsoft hasn't released any official statement on this yet. Now you can search the marketplace from the Zune software and buy / download applications inside Zune in Rupees.

Here is the Zune software in action  :






Finally Zune has evolved from being a sync only software to more purposeful iTunes worthy competitor in India.

Note -  Zune pass is still not available in India. Just the application marketplace is working at the moment.

Now here is the problem I encountered, my Mozart's primary live account is US based while secondary is India based. Now to download application from Zune, I need to enter the primary live ID of my phone - but to my dismay it gives me the ' wrong region ' error probably because my region is set as India on PC while it's US on the phone. So a simple solution for me would be to switch to my India based live account and sign in ( which isn't a problem ) to download app but that isn't happening because it keeps asking me to enter the live primary live ID to download it. Remember, you cannot swap your primary and secondary accounts so I am kinda stuck here. Thus I still cannot go beyond searching for apps. I am looking for a solution here ( except hard resetting ), if you have one - drop in your comments.

Quick update :  If you have an Xbox at home, our reader Ahmad AbdulLateef   has found a workaround to download XBL titles in the Indian  marketplace. The steps are listed below :


1. Create a New LiveID (Temporary Only)2. Log onto XBOX Console and follow these instructions http://support.xbox.com/en-us/...3. Chnage your original Live ID to your temporary LiveID using the method specified in the above link.4. Now Login to Zune Software on your PC with your original LiveID. It would ask you to create a New Zune Account. This time be sure to specify India as your country.5. Once its done Voila you can buy Apps and use them on your phone :-)

]

By Rahul Mathur

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives

     
    Web Analytics